6. You Will Come To This Screen Which Confirming That AppSrv01 And Dmgr01 Two Profiles Has Been Created.
7. Let’s start the Dmgr – Go to /opt/IBM/Websphere/AppServer/profiles/Dmgr01/bin and run ./startManager.sh script. When you get a message stating “Server dmgr open for e-business porcees id is 8897 ” that’s mean dmgr up
8. You Can Access Cell Using http://hostname:9060/ibm/console you should get below screen. To login click login since we didn’t define any user during our installation
9. Once You Login You Will See Following Screen.
10. Click On Websphere Application Server From Left Hand Panel, Notice One App Server With The Name of server1 is Created During Our Installation.
As a WebSphere admin one of the commonly seen issue is how to reset the WebSphere admin console password.
Well below are the steps to reset our WebSphere Admin Console Password
1) Using Admin Console:
To reset the password using the admin console
a) Go to DMGR profile config cells directory.
b) Edit the file(After taking backup) — security.xml and change the enabled value to false(refer to the below attachments)
c) Now, log in to the admin console, go to Security tab>Global Security>select Enable Administrative Security>Click on Security Configuration Wizard>
Then click on Next. And Select the user repository as Federated repositories.
After entering the user name and password logout from admin console. Since, the changes are related to configuration restart the dmgr server instance to reflect the changes
2. Using wsadmin utility:
To reset the password using wsadmin tool:-
a) Go to WAS-Home>bin>./wsadmin.sh –lang jython –username wasadm –password wasadm123
b) Execute the below commands.
c) Reset the password using steps described above in section:1.c)
This will reset your wasadmin password.
Please feel free to get in touch with us if you have any queries.
Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminException: ADMU7707E: Failed while trying to determine the Windows Service name for server: nodeagent; probable error executing WASService.exe: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminException: ADMU7709E: Unexpected exception while processing server: nodeagent; exception = java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “D:\Softwares\bin\WASService.exe”: CreateProcess error=740, The requested operation requires elevation.
Check whether the node agent service is present or not. If not create a node agent service as below.