Disabling and Enabling Admin Console
Many at times for most of our administration work including the changes (deployments, start/stop of servers, etc) or configurations (JMS, creation/deletion/editing of our servers, etc) we use our weblogic admin console.
But, for security reasons some of the banking companies for its core banking applications prefer to disable the admin console in its banking applications.
This short and sweet article mainly targets to present you on how to enable and disable your admin console:
Disabling your Admin Console:
We can disable our weblogic admin console in two different ways
1) Admin console
2) Weblogic Scripting Tool
From Admin console:-
To disable access to the Administration Console:
- After you log in to admin console click Lock & Edit.
- In the left pane of the Console, under Domain Structure, select the domain name.
- Select Configuration > General, and click Advanced at the bottom of the page.
- Deselect Console Enabled.
- Click Save.
- To activate these changes, click Activate Changes.
Enabling the Admin Console:
After we disable the admin console we can enable it again by using WLST.
Following are the steps on the same:
1) weblogic and weblogic are the user id and password of admin console.
2) t3://localhost:7001 is the admin console URL
3) After we enable/disable the admin console RESTART your admin server