Applying patch from server start script:
After downloading the patch (jar file) follow the below steps:
– Stop your server.
– Then take the path of the folder which has the CRxxxxxx_xxxmpx.jar file and copy it in the CLASSPATH of setDomainEnv.cmd which is in
(<bea home>/user_projects/domains/<your domain name>/bin/setDomainEnv.cmd)
For example, the script would look something like this:
set CLASSPATH=%PRE_CLASSPATH%;%WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH%; C:\extra\my_projects\doc\CR\CR218639_920mp3.jar;C:\extra\my_projects\doc \CR\ CR360676_920mp3.jar;C:\extra\my_projects\doc\CR\CR367966_920mp3.jar; C:\extra\my_projects\doc\CR\CR368155_920mp3.jar;C:\extra\my_projects\doc\CR\CR370311_920mp3.jar
– Re-start your server.
– You should see the patch applied in the stdout file.
Applying patch through smart update (ONLINE):
– Run the script bsu.cmd from the directory D:\Bea_Home\utils\bsu to run the smart update utility.
– Login to smart update using your oracle support credentials.
– Wait till the patch information is being refreshed.
– In the Get Patches tab you will find a list of patches which are available for that version of weblogic server
– If the patch you want to apply is in the list, check the patch and click on download patches button.
– It will then ask you whether you want to check if this patch conflicts with the patches already applied on the server. Click yes and wait for the results.
– You will then see that the patch is downloaded if there are no conflicts found.
– Then go to the tab manage patches, you will find the patch that you downloaded. Click on the button apply and the patch will be applied.
– If the patch you need to apply is not there in the list, get the patch id and the passcode of the patch from oracle support.
– Click on the tab get patches. Then go to the menu Patches -> Retrieve Patches.
– Enter the patch id and passcode in the next screen.
– Once downloaded, apply the patch and restart the server.
Applying patch through smart update (OFFLINE):
– If your support credentials do not work in smart update, you can apply the patch through offline mode.
– Save the jar file of the patch,
prod-info.xml and patch-catalog.xml which comes with the patch in the D:\Bea_Home\utils\bsu\cache_dir directory.
– Start the smart update utility and click on work offline.
– You will see the patch in the downloaded patches as below:
– Click on apply and the patch will be applied.