Using the responsefile.nd.txt we can install WebSphere AS, create profiles and do multiple configurations. But, this article is restricted to understand how to do the installation of WAS7.0in silent mode using responsefile.nd.txt
1) Go to the path where the Websphere Application Server(WAS) software is available using cd.
2) Inside that we have the WAS folder where we will have the installer(setup.jar or install.sh), responsefile.nd.txt.
3) Take the back up of responsefile.nd.txt and rewrite responsefile.nd.txt with the following options:
4) Save the responsefile.nd.txt and run the below command:
4) The installation would take roughly 20-30mins to complete.
5) After installation completed to confirm the status of installation goto WAS-Home>logs>install folder and check for the keywork INSTCONFSUCCESS