The nodemanager crash recovery feature enable auto restart of manage server incase of JVM failure.
The Only Requirement To Use This Feature:
- Nodemanager should be configure to start manage server.
- This feature will not work if out of box manage server start script “startManagedWebLogic.sh” is being use to start manage server JVM’s
Brief preview of my lab environment how entire domain is setup.
- Two manage servers “server1” and “server2” configure in a distributed manner.
- server1 is configure on first machine host01 and server2 is configure on 2nd machine host02. Both machines are configure to start mange server JVM’s using nodemanager feature.
- node manager is reachable on the first machine.
- Node manager is configure on 2nd machine and it is reachable.
ENABLEING CRASH RECOVERY FEATURE
- GO TO $DOMAIN_HOME/nodemanager directory and look for a file with the name of nodemanager.properties
- vi into this file and change to crashRecoveryEnabled=false to crashRecoveryEnabled=true.
- After the change you will have to stop and start the nodemanger and manage server JVM.
Parvez Ahmad. 🙂